29 Dezember 2007

Startbereit

I got up early, called my parents, rode my bike 8 miles in the foggy morning with hardly any traffic, cleaned up the bath room and made waffles for breakfast. It’s still very warm so we could eat on the back porch.
Jon and I drove to Carole’s house in Viera to pick up a shelf unit that she doesn’t need any more but we do. The truck is a good vehicle to do that.
After putting up the shelf in my office I drove to the barn where I was supposed to go on a trail run with Shelly, but she wasn’t there – she’d got lost in Orlando as she told me later. So I cleaned up Brownie’s pen and rode in the arena and the four acres of land right next to our barn. It was so warm that Brownie was soaked with sweat when I got done, so I gave him a little shower with the garden hose and went home to go run for three miles, the last run before the ultra marathon tomorrow.
I’m still in the process of packing and getting ready for the trip and since Jon is now able to go with me we’ll be leaving town here pretty soon for New Port Richey on Florida’s west cost. The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be warm and humid, too. We’ll see how this is going to effect my run.

Keine Kommentare: